Pages

11 June 2010

Who says you have to live without?


Yes, that is cheesecake. And yes, it has whipped cream on it. And guess what!?! It is totally gluten and dairy free [insert angel choir and glorious beam of light]! I never thought this day would come, but the good people at Living Without have made my non-dairy cheesecake dreams come true. I made the chocolate version sans ganache. It can be made vegan, but I put the egg in there. The only complaint I have is that their gluten-free brownie crust was a little excessive; I would prefer a little less crust and a little more crunch. I'd cut the recipe in half or I might go with a cookie crust next time. And there will be a next time!


Now all I need is a beautiful cake stand on which to rest my glorious cake... The cake gods have heard my cries again! Today I was just selected as the lucky winner of the Dahlhaus Cupcake Stand Give-a-way! I can no longer claim to be one of those people who never wins raffles. I am so excited to get this beautiful little stand from this talented ceramic artist. What a great day! I think I'll celebrate with a delicious slice of cheesecake.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Maryka! I love the cupcake stand. And the cheesecake looks amazing. Did I tell you my mom is going gluten free? All the cool people are.

Mary Lundquist said...

The cheesecake looks amazing. I'm working at a vegan deli and the ones we make look almost as good as yours! Congrats on the raffle, I'm jealous. What's the design on the cake-stand?